Manson Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manson Academy

A school for the rich kids of a small town in Vermont. Beyond the books and grades, lies a world full of secrets.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Manson Academy! It is currently December.
Classes have begun! Please post in the lessons that have been started.
Teachers, if you haven't posted your lessons yet, please do so.
Please see Sophia Deveraux if you are interested in playing any sports.

Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

Hometown : Madrid

Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) Empty
PostSubject: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:19 am

James was walking down the dark street, only illuminated by the occasional streetlamp. he had a brown paper bag clutched in his hands, his black jacket zipped up to his chin, protecting him from the harsh fall air. He checked his watch as he stopped at the corner and cursed. He had missed the bus back to Manson. He sat down on the bench and put his head in his hands, only lifting it when he heard a noise coming from the alley behind him..........................................
Back to top Go down
Robbie Montez
Adult
Robbie Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:41 am

Robbie's teeth were chattering, it was so cold. The only source of warmth she had was the cigarette in her hand. It was only fall, but it felt so much like winter.

And her outfit surely wasn't cutting it. Looking back on it, it was stupid to dress in a tank top and shorts. Sure, she had a jacket, but it didn't help much. Her cigarette was nearly snuffed out and went it finally went dark, she threw it and anything she could find at the wall, including an empty beer bottle. Today was just not her day.
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:50 am

James stood when he heard the crash, picking up his brown paper bagged bottle holding it up, ready to hit someone, he walked around the bus stop shelter, crouching my the mouth of the alley. He saw a flicker of light, a cigarette dying, he realized and sighed. Who else would be smoking in an alley way at 10:34pm on a Tuesday night? Okay a lot of people, but he would take his chances, he stood leaning against the wall "Is that you, Robbie?"
Back to top Go down
Robbie Montez
Adult
Robbie Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:09 am

Robbie looked through her bag, trying to find her lighter and packet of cigarettes.

There was a can of Monster, a plastic bag filled with white powder (she'd use it later), a compact mirror, her wallet (filled with $100 bills she pilfered from the family bank account), and, she found with a sharp pain, a razor blade. She winced in pain and withdrew her hand, trying to see the damage in the dim moonlight.

She picked up her bag and scrambled to get up when she heard an all too familiar voice.

"No," Robbie said, making her voice as deep as she could and raspier than usual, while holding her injured hand up.
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:16 am

James smirked, pulling a lighter out of his pants pocket. He didn't smoke (most of the time) but he still had one "Need a light?" he asked his sister, sliding down against the wall, pulling his knees up, "Come out here. I'm cold and I'm pretty damn sure you are too" he said, fishing his hand is his brown bag and pulling out a brown tinted glass bottle
Back to top Go down
Robbie Montez
Adult
Robbie Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:21 am

Godfuckingdammit.

James knew it was her. Ugh. Why was he here anyway? Didn't he teach at Manson now? Shouldn't he be in his cozy bed with his warm blankets and soft pillows?

Robbie stepped out into the dim light. "How did you know it was me, Jamie?" she asked, an eyebrow quirked in confusion. "Yeah, I need a light. Just let me find a cigarette." She looked through her bag again but couldn't find it.

...Then she checked the front pocket.

The pack of cigarettes was there. Careful to keep her hand out of James' sight, she took out a cigarette. "Can I have some of that?" she asked, not even caring if it was legal or not. She needed something to drink.
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:31 am

"You said you'd be in town" he shrugged "Plus who else would skive of seeing their amazing brother to smoke in an alley?" he asked, handing her the bottle "I would invite you back to my place, but I don't have one. And I missed my ride back"

He took the bottle back from her and took a long drink, before resting his head against the wall "So, they haven't built a house for me yet, so I'm sharing a house with Rachel. Rachel Emerson. A house. With Rachel. I'm thankful I'm alive she's constantly yelling at me" He said, sighing again.
Back to top Go down
Robbie Montez
Adult
Robbie Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:46 am

Robbie knitted her eyebrows together. "I did? I don't remember." With a smirk, she replied, "I would," as James handed the bottle to her. She took a long swig and just held the bottle, closing her eyes slightly. "You don't have a place? Goddammit. You remember my friends, right? And ouch. That sucks bro."

She sighed as he took the bottle back. "Oh god. I don't know who I should feel sorrier for. You or her. How the hell did you convince her to let you stay with her? I mean, after what you did, if I were her I would just say 'go to hell' and kicked you to the curb. ...I'm not helping, am I?" she asked with a slight frown.
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:57 am

"'Friends'?" he asked "Or Friends. I remember both" he said, his eyes still closed, taking another drink of the liquid from the bottle "You can probably crash with me. Though Emerson will take your shit" he said, glaring across the street "She took my rum. All of it" he said, downing the rest of the bottle.

"Basically it went 'oh Rachel there's no house for this ass he'll stay with you' and she got all defensive and tried to pass me off, saying that I could stay at Lucas', he's like the only at that place who I can stand, but he just knocked some other teacher up so he needs his house or someshit. Rachel didn't really have a choice." He said, shrugging "And she still doesn't listen. God it drives me insane."
Back to top Go down
Robbie Montez
Adult
Robbie Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:06 am

"Both," Robbie sighed. "Yeah, no friends here. Ditched me here when I said I didn't want to go get some...stuff." She knew that her brother knew about her habits. He could figure it out. "She might not if she doesn't know I have it..." She looked at James hopefully. "Because I have the best older brother ever and he'd do anything for his baby sister, right? Right?"

Laughing, she said, "I remember Lucas. Funny dude. By funny I mean weird. Manson never changes, does it?" She remembered when Lex got knocked up. Not fun, not fun at all. Of course she got an abortion, but...

"Well it's your own fault you fuckhead," she muttered.
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:18 am

"I keep you secrets" He said, and held up the brown bag "You keep mine?" he grinned

"Ah that's because family is the best kind of friend!" he said slightly sarcastic "Except Martin. He sucks no one likes him. Too perfect. Married at 27 with two kids? I weep for them." He said, shooting his youngest sister a grin "I won't tell her no worries. She'll be to busy beating me out to care what you're doing" he said with a shrug.

"Yeah, well he wasn't there when I was there. But you were just there like what? one or two years ago? Yeah. He knocked up the French teacher. They're engaged. Lucas is terrible at being engaged." he said with a laugh "Him and Rachel are close. She'll always call him in, and he'll just come, feet dragging, complaining and whatnot, and she'll be all 'oohh how's Rea?!' but if I did that, came in and complained, she'd kick me out in three seconds flat"

"Don't call me a fuckhead, fuckhead" he said, lightly punching her
Back to top Go down
Robbie Montez
Adult
Robbie Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:26 am

Robbie nodded and laughed slightly. "Don't worry about it. I'm not Martin," she said, grinning back at James.

"And Lex too. She's just- god. Lex is a nightmare. I'm glad I don't have to deal with her shit anymore." Biting her lower lip, she asked, "So is this you telling me I can stay with you and Rache? It'd be nice to stay with my favorite person ever. Oh, and you too.

"I graduated when I was seventeen. Almost three years ago, Jamie. Oh shit." Snorting, she said, "How the hell would you know that? I only met Lucas a while back when I was traveling in Europe. We got to be friends, I guess. That's because you're you."

She punched him back. "I'll call you a fuckhead because you are a fuckhead, fuckhead."
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:36 am

"I spend my time pretending I'm an only child. But you're here, that's over. So, only child that wasn't adopted?" he asked, nudging her slightly "Nah, you're too much like me. Maybe Martin and Lex are adopted?" he suggested "I mean, Martin's t0o perfect, and Lex is too much of a fuckup. Me and you are perfect, when it comes to fuckups at least" He said.

"Oh thanks. I narrowly avoided telling Rache what Lex does for a living the other day. I pulled the whole 'oh she'll want to tell you herself!' thing. She didn't fall for it, but it worked." He said with a grin "

"Oh yeah. Super genius girl I forgot when you stopped going to college and I kept paying for it" he said, glaring at her for a moment. He couldn't stay mad at Robbie long. He didn't screw her up too bad, she was still very much, his little sister. "So now it's because of who I am. Great"

"Yeah but I wasn't smoking drugs in an Alley at 10:30 at night." He said "And if I was, I'd have a working lighter" He said, flicking his own open, and watching the flame dance for a few seconds before snapping it shut.
Back to top Go down
Robbie Montez
Adult
Robbie Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:46 am

"I do that too," Robbie said with a grin. She rolled her eyes as James as he nudged her. "Oh god no. I don't want to be like you! Save me!" she cried, her hands flying to her cheeks. She laughed, but winced at the pain in her hand. She tried to wipe the blood from her cheek but couldn't get it all the way. "Lex is a whore. There's no denying it. We're in the middle."

Chuckling, she replied, "You're welcome. Oh please. She wouldn't tell anyone. She'd fucking show them."

She smiled sheepishly as her brother glared at her. "Sorry? I blame...myself. Anyway, it's always because of who you are. You cheated on the poor girl, remember?" Robbie remembered Rachel being so upset she wouldn't even speak to her. It sucked.

"Good point. I think I might have dropped mine though." She looked at the cigarette in her hand. "Let me use that," she said, reaching for his lighter.
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:56 am

"Uhg Robbie you're a mess" he said, rolling his eyes "Give me your hand" he said, reaching out for it, going into 4-months-of-medical-school Mode

"No you want to be like me. I have a job" he said, grinning, then looked around "There's no bus coming until morning. It's three miles back. Walk or hotel?" he asked his sister.

"Oh god. Rachel would be traumatized" he laughed, "Bad mental image. Lex isn't allowed to stay with me. Ever. Don't let me forget it" He said, looking at her, "Ever. Punch me if I offer to let her stay"

"I was emotionally compromised and I was a complete dick!" He said, "I didn't realize how much Rachel meant to be until she was gone. Typical of me, I know" he said, trying to end the conversation at that. It wasn't something he liked to remember.

"No" he held it above her head "Get you're own, loser"
Back to top Go down
Robbie Montez
Adult
Robbie Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 3:05 am

"Fuck. Didn't mean to do that," Robbie said with a sigh. "Fine." She gave him her hand and let him handle it. "Ow! You could be a bit gentler. That's what she said." She grinned at her own joke.

"I'll get a job somehow. Don't worry about me. We can walk. It doesn't take long to walk three miles," she said, shrugging.

She laughed along with James. It really was good to see her older brother again. "Forget traumatized! She'd call the police, run away, and never come back!" Grinning, she replied, "I will. I'll have fun with it too.

"We all know tha- wait, was? You still are a complete dick." ...Wow. Looks like James was deeper than she gave him credit for.

"I had my own but it's gone now so let me use yours!" she whined, jumping up for it. She snatched it and lit up her cigarette. "Ha, there," she said as she took a long drag and blew the smoke in the opposite direction.
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 3:15 am

James rolled his eyes and ripped the hem off his shirt "I always hated this shirt, no worries" he said, wrapping her hand in it. "I'll get you a band-aid when we get back" he said, pulling his jacket tighter around himself. "Oh haha funny" he said, shoving her lightly.

"I don't blame her. Who wants Lex whoring herself out to them?" He laughed, "You should. I knew you would. Just as long as I survive" he said with a grin.

"Hahaha you are the funniest little druggie in the world" he said, hitting the top of her head "And you really need to invest in some pants"

"But you don't now," he said, snatching it back out of her hands and sticking it in his pocket.

"Alright. I doubt there's anyone up this late too, so no hitch hiking" He told his sister as they began the walk towards Manson
Back to top Go down
Robbie Montez
Adult
Robbie Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:42 am

Raising her eyebrows, Robbie asked, "Then what's the point in still wearing it?" as her brother wrapped her hand in torn off cloth. "I'm going to need more than a Band-Aid, Jamie." She rolled her eyes at him and ran a hand through her hair. "When we get to your- well, Rache's place, I'm going to need a shower." She flinched slightly as James gently shoved her. "Sure, push the injured person. That's fine."

She sighed. "Unfortunately, a lot of people. I don't get it." She gave him a half-smile. "No promises."

She dodged the blow to her head. "Stop trying to hurt me! God, you'd think that a man wouldn't go around hitting a young girl," she teased. "These are pants! I mean, yeah, they're not long, but they count! They cover me up. Sort of."

Robbie shrugged and took another drag of the cigarette. "You're such a spoilsport."

She scoffed. "You call 10:30 late? No. 5 in the morning's late," she said, shoving her brother to the side and running off with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:08 pm

"I needed to wear a 'nice shirt' when I was teaching, and this was my only clean one" James said with a shrug "Okay fine," he grinned "You can have two band-aids. And that shower is probably a good idea. You look like shit" He said, honestly. "And you deserve to be pushed"

"Uhg. I know," He said, scowling. Him and Lex did not get along very much as is, and her profession made it worse.

"Young girl my ass" he said with a laugh, wrapping an arm around his sister "You're 20. And those are not pants. I'm guessing you don't have any other clothing?" he asked her.

"You started it" He said childishly, sticking his tongue out.

"I'm a teacher. I have to wake up at 5 in the morning" he said slowly "And I like to sleep"
Back to top Go down
Robbie Montez
Adult
Robbie Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 2:58 am

"I'm not going to comment," Robbie said teasingly. Well, what could she say? James' shirt was ugly. No denying. Rolling eyes, she asked, "Do you really think two Band-Aids are enough?" She crossed her arms. "Of course you do. You're James. Oh, thanks. I try my best to look shittier than most every single day. It's awesome."

She shook her head. "I really don't understand why she went into prostitution. If anyone should have gone into it, it should have been me. ...Not that I would have anyway," she said, defending herself.

"Hey! Twenty's still young, asshole." She almost shrugged her brother's arm off. Almost. It felt good to have someone familiar around. Jamie had always been her favorite sibling, not that she would admit it. "They could be. Not with me, no. My 'friends' took my luggage with them.

"Stop being a kid! You're supposed to be older than me!" she laughed.

Her eyes widened. "You wake up at five in the morning? Five? Bitch that's when I go to sleep. I like sleep too! Why do you think I'm in bed- or I would be if I had a bed- until three in the afternoon?"
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 4:35 am

"Oh shush" he said said at her 'no comment' statement. "I'm sure SOMEONE on campus and lend you something to wear until you get your clothing back. or until I buy you new clothing." He said, knowing that it was more likely.

"I blame Mom. For you at least. Maybe if she hadn't let Lex try out dance... but you, if she had named you something like... Emily, or Rachel, you'd probably be more normal. Or you'd be a drunk like me" he said grinning.

"Twenty. Man it's weird. You're the baby and you're twenty. Makes me feel old" he laughed, putting his arm back around her, just so she'd stay close. Robbie was his favorite. Everyone knew it. She and him, they'd almost always gotten along.

"Nah. Growing up isn't any fun." he said with a grin.

"Uhg. I hate it. It's because Rachel get's up that early. It's her fault" He said, "She's very loud"
Back to top Go down
Robbie Montez
Adult
Robbie Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:47 am

"Honestly James, I'm not a charity case," Robbie complained, rolling her eyes. "New clothes would be nice though..." She didn't dare mention the $100 bills in her purse.

"Lex would have gone into the business anyway. She's just...ugh. I can't even. No no. I like Robbie just fine. Emily and Rachel are too mainstream, man. Is it better to be a drunk than a druggie? I think so. I don't know. Jamie, I want to stop. Really, I do, but I just can't." She looked at her brother sadly. "I don't know what to do.

"That's because you are old," she replied as she walked alongside him.

"I know. I've grown up a lot in a short time," Robbie said grimly.

"Oh sure, blame the love of your life, okay."
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:04 am

"You're my sister. Consider it a birthday present" James said, smiling. He didn't actually mind buying his youngest sister things, she used them....... Unlike Lex. He knew she probably had some money, but left it, not wanting to start a fight.

"Yeah I guess, she was doomed from the start" He said, "Hipster" He laughed "I think that we'er both screwed, Robbie" he said sadly "I do to, but then something happens and I just.... lose it, I can't think anymore and most if the time I don't want to" He said, but then smiled "I promise one day, I'll get us help. Me and you, alight? I'll save up for awhile" He said, giving her a promising smile.

"I am not old. 25 is not old." He said defensively

"I went through that, after mom died" He said, "I guess it's one of things, you grow up when you need to sometimes"

"She is NOT the love of my life. She can barely stand me" He almost yelled
Back to top Go down
Robbie Montez
Adult
Robbie Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Robbie quirked an eyebrow but smiled. "My birthday's in four months, Jamie. That'd be a really early present." She was honestly surprised when James didn't ask her if she had money of her own. She did- well, technically it wasn't hers, but same thing, really.

"Just her? We were all doomed, no matter what you say. The human race is just filled with the damned and the broken. We both, all of us, actually, fit into both categories. I am not a hipster! I just like saying words that start and end with the same letter. For example, 'race car.' Or 'glockenspiel.' Okay, glockenspiel doesn't start and end with the same letter but it's a funny word," she said with a shrug. She smiled again. "That sounds good.

"It's older than twenty, I can give you that," she deadpanned.

"What I don't get is why Martin didn't help like he promised Mom he would."

Robbie rolled her eyes. "Sure she isn't. I believe you."
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:15 pm

"Or a really, really late present" James said with a grin.

"We're all screwed. We've always been screwed, since the human race began. We need attention, and we get it by destroying, sometimes destroying ourselves" He said and shrugged "Or we're tired of the attention, and we destroy ourselves to forget it... or something like that. I'm an art teacher dammit, not a philosopher. And as long as you don't start wearing aviators and plaid, I'm fine" He shrugged.

"Shut up. I'm not 30. I'm 25." James said. He liked being young, the thought of one day being old, one day having a family, and then eventually dying, it sort of scared him... Not that he'd let anyone know that.

"Because, he wanted to make her feel better. She was upset about dad, and really sick herself, and so he made a promise, and then when she died, I was 18, and he wanted to leave. Martin always wanted to leave. He hated home. Home was filled with death and bad memories." He told his sister "So he left me in charge. Saying that I was better equipped to handle it"

"Shut up." He said, shoving her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)   Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finders Keepers (The Montez Clan)
Page 1 of 1